Monday, August 14, 2006

moi @ the singapore phillips cup

Hmmm... How should I start off writing about an event that involves a sport that I just love so much??? I shall start off by say that I started off the day a little bit angry. I found out that the best seats in the house were reserved only for the season ticket holders... To think that I actually wanted to sit up close and get autographs if possible... Nevertheless, that was just a dream I just. So I took the next best seats in the house. The first two matches were played by people around the region. Overall, I felt that there were times where we Asians showed potential yet there were room for improvement... I know we aint got the height to mess with the rest but I think we have the speed and quickness over the Europeans. And that maybe something we can exploit. Anyways, the European matches opened my eyes. This was what basketball was all about. They took the game to another level. In the end, Spain won the event.(though Pau did not play much, plus what I really wanted to see was the Gasol brothers play together.) Furthermore, I got a glimpse of NBA stars like Manu, Pau and Nesterovic. It was so star studded... I actually saw them in real life. Do you know how much that means to me?? In the end, I stay on to catch the prize presentation and maybe see Pau in real person. After watching the prize presentation, I decided to watch them cool down. It then dawn on me that I may have a chance to get an autograph from Pau if I went to stand at the locker room gate way... It kinda paid off. I managed to get an autograph and shake his hand... That was like the happiest moment of my life... I going to keep the singlet...
P.S: I can't wait for another such event to be organised... Cya guys soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home