Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Thanks for the four years...

These were the 4 most memorable years of my life. Those were the days. I was running all about doing this and doing that but I just never felt tired. You guessed it, I'm talking about my days at Broadrick. Usually when I try to explain that I'm from Broadrick, the reply would be 'huh', 'what' and 'come again'. Yes it is not a top school like Dunman High or Victoria where my sibilings are but this is the place is where I was nurtured to be the person that I am today. I enjoyed my stay. There is something about the environment and the people that make the place so so memorable.

First, let's talk about the people. There are the teachers. What to say about them. They really care and would go the extra mile if you just ask for help. Too many good teachers to mention. Mrs Radha, Mr Lim, Ms Chen, Ms Tan, Mrs Vasughi, etc... These people were at some point of time my heroes. They showed the path to success. Mrs Radha, for example, was my favourite teacher of all time. She would always make laugh and made my interest in maths stronger. Somehow, we both just clicked. She sort of became my mentor from secondary 3-4. She would always have the faith in me that I will do well by hook or by crook. She even mentioned to my Mum that my results were like a roller coaster, and to find out the grade for my next test was easy just look at the previous test.

Then there were the students. Not a very bright bunch I would say. But I saw a committment in some of them that made me spur on. My classmate Hwa Ee was one such person. Well she was determined to go to a junior college for her dead brother. She gave me strength to go the extra mile in my final year.

The environment was bad. No doors, no air-con etc. Sometimes it was just too harsh to bare. But somehow I always thought a harsh environment made me wanna work harder. Maybe it did. I took a look at the new school rebuilt just down the street. Looks good on the outside. Makes me wanna go inside to take a good look. Maybe I should go pay everyone a visit. That would have been so cool right. Anyways, that is all I have to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home