Friday, January 09, 2009

Mental toughness

Mental toughness - something I hold close to my heart. No one said anything was easy. We have to fight for what we want. Even when the world is against you, I say stand and fight. And when you achieved everything, create your own enemies. Set new goals. At any point of time, I think that having an edge is point. Cause this edge is what sets you ticking. I don't think I am there yet. But I will be, or so at least I hope.

Anyways, yesterday's meeting was awesome. The best one we have had so far in UG world. But of cause this was internal. Nevertheless, I said that we would go democratic this year and make sure that the program is both instructor and cadet friendly. (No offense to Hotel Golf but I totally think you are a jerk head)I think the program flows and the instructors mostly have been limited to one major role in the camp. I am looking forward to the fact that the cadets will enjoy this program cause its a fun camp. It really is. I can tell you one thing though. All cadets will be knocked out second day. Plus chop plus guarantee. In fact, I think first day some will knock out already. It is because of the intensity of the program. If I had it my way, the program would be more slack, but oh well the chief wants it his way, so might as well let he be happy. Anyways, chief and I only disagreed about the first day program so it is alright. Guess what? I am no longer ACC. Chief changed my post. It is not a grand post and most cadets would be going to hate me. But I am finally going to be on the grounds. WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! My new post is called Chief Warrant Officier. The thing I am heading in the program: cleanup. I was secretly smiling when I heard that. Damn lame la. But my motto which I am going to impart to the kids is: if you want to go home, clean up fast. If you don't want me in your face, make it clean. Cause I'm slack and the school is not my home, so make it presentable and we can all go home. I think this post suit me though. At the meeting yeserday, only one word came to mind: safety (and meal times). I don't know whether it's because I have rubbed off my dad's genes or because I am getting older.( mature) So thumbs up Wei Ren. If you were going to make me f&b i/c again, I would have just laughed and walked out. Whoever is going to be f&b ic this year, good luck at the staff office trying to fill up the milo container. It took me about a good 10 mintutes to get one filled. Nevertheless, if there is one key thing in my mind this year, it is safety. Precaution is the key word. Especially on the events like hiking and campfire, CWO is going to whack all the people who are reckless. That include myself when I am on the road driving. (If im getting the car though and wei ren no way you are going to be my co driver.)But let me put the qualifier here, as much as I would hone on the kids, i think it is going to be easy to get points off me also. I 'm really soft hearted. So peace.

2 Comments:

At 5:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I book five months in advance to be in your front seat.
=P

 
At 10:51 pm, Blogger LEGEND KILLER said...

u can be at the back get des or someone else to be at the front. rmb what we did last summer!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home