Wednesday, October 08, 2008

the 'Jason Williams' issue

Jason Williams retired towards the end of last month. That was one of the darkest days of my life. Jason was one of the few players I was planning to watch this season. Though he was about to don on a new jersey but he was a key inspiration for yours truly. I was so waiting for December when the papers finally ended so that I could finally sit down every Friday and Saturday morning to watch whatever games they threw at me. I was really hoping to see the new Clippers team la. But of course this season, I would be putting all my money on the 76ers to go post season and I am really hoping for them to go past the first round la. Anyways, Jason Williams was one the rare points that I could honestly say that I grew up with up. I watched him in his Kings days til he finally won his first and only title( I think!!) with Miami. He was not the atypical point I would say. He had his own favour and he played his game his own way so that was the reason I really admired him. He was really flash in the beginning as you can see in the nike ads and stuff but he toned down and I think he really matured towards the end of his decade long career. He was not the elite point with the spotlight on points like Kidd, Arenas, Nash and Williams(Jazz player and not him), but he was always a weapon and got carry a team on his shoulders when need be. Just look at him in the Grizzles days la. He was the floor leader. Hmm the greatest moment I remembered of him was one of the grizzles games la when he was supposed to throw a lob from out of bounds which ended up to be a 3 point shot la. It was like he just shrugged and I was like 'what the'. Anyways, Jason I wish you all the best in whatever endeavors you choose to do. You will really be missed somehow someway and you will have a place here. You probably don;t have a place in my all nba team but you are are always a legend to me. Many thanks fotr the memories. Jason Williams career-rip!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home