Tuesday, February 06, 2007

What do you expect me to think?

Last Sunday, I went with my mum to do the groceries as usual. Along the way, I met an old neighbour. We chatted a little for a while. I was ok until a point where the uncle kinda pissed my off. Why?? He asked me"What you going to do after you ORD? Poly?" What the hell?? DO I LOOK THAT INCOMPETENT TO YOU?? I told him in a nice manner, "I going to NUS." He looked shocked. He was not the first one and definitely not the last. Other people I may understand, but this fellow I was angry because he saw me in Serangoon Junior College uniform day in day out for 1 and a half years. And boy he still thinks I am going to poly. I know I look lay back and not all that smart but why does it seem that a whole lot of people don't think I can make it huh? I think alot of it has to do with the fact that people don't see the heart and determination I put in work. Were they there when I put in all that hard work? Or when I never missed a single day of class cause I know its all good for me? Or when I felt I was so tired after doing all my work? Were they there? It always about perception. I know my siblings do alot better than me. That is my motivation. I cannot let my mum down. She has done too much for me. I can't break her heart. I think I know that she is really angry with me some times for too much trash talk but I think trash talk is very important to me cause it is an avenue for me to vent my anger and relieve myself. It just like why I keep talking about basketball or watch a game. It is my way of venting it out. Only I understand myself best. What do you want me to think? I can't make it so I should back off and go home to cry? No no, I never going to give up. Trust me!! God bless all those in the same position as me! If anyone who really is and you need someone to talk to, leave a comment and I try to get back to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home