Thursday, February 01, 2007

Malaysia Trip agn :-)

Last weekend I was back at Malaysia again. This time it was for a whole different purpose . I was there to witness my cousin's wedding. I thought it would turn out a very boring process but it would turn out otherwise.

It took about a whole long 3 hours to arrive at Malacca town. I had arrived only at night due to the fact that my siblings had school. Upon arriving, I went to check out the bridegroom's home after settling in the hotel. The house was pretty nice. It was big and comfortable and the house was decorated very beautifully. Food was served like Malacca style. I rated it so-so. But before you know it, I was pretty drunk. I thought at first that taking a tiger was alright. Yet, after finishing the tiger, I realized that they had a better item available. Whiskey!!!! I went ecstatic. I just went ga-ga after that or so I think. At first, I decided that I only wanted a sip. However, the worst side had the better of me. I decided to have a few glasses after Uncle Noel had nudge me on man. Haha, my face was so red that it resembled a poor cooked shrimp. This was on top of the fact that I had sunburnt after a hard day's work the day before. Whoa. Greg drunk. A situation irony cause you don't usually associate them together.

The funniest thing had happened to me next. I had met one of the bridegroom's relatives after dinner. He recognized me almost instantly as a coworker without me even remembering him to the slightest bit. And he made me realize that the world is really getting smaller. Once just fellow coworker, now relatives. Haha!

The next day, it was off to church in the morning. After the Mass, I spent time at the bridegroom house again to just laze around and have lunch. I had 2 meals man!! It kinda made me feel a little sick but anyways who really wants to know that right?

In the evening it was off to the wedding dinner which was pretty unique in its own sense. It was a chinese dinner with a western twist. You see the dinner served was actually a full 10 course chinese meal which was above average to say the least but the crucial difference I felt was that there was actually a live band and there was a dance floor for people to dance while others had their dinner. I took the opportunity to ask the lady beside me to dance and it was pretty alright. And again, I was pretty 'drunk' that night.

Finally it was time to go home the next day. We checked out like about 12 after having a nice breakfast and packing up. I reached home like 4 plus and was pretty shagged. I had to come home early due to the fact that I had work the next day or else I would have asked Dad to allow me to stay little longer.

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home