Friday, May 08, 2009

hkalhfsldakjhfsadfja

I can't believe that I have officially finished my exams a couple of days ago. I can't remember who but I think my friend Gabriel was the one telling me that now that this sem is actually over, I 'm year 2 offically as well! OMG la. I can't believe that a year had already past so fast. You know I have so many emotions running through me right now especially when I think back on this sem. It has also been hard for me to figure what exactly I wanted to do with my life and it was really a struggle for me to sit down at the end of last sem to declare my major first. I thought logically and realistically what was good for me and had just decided to declare economics. And all I can say is through the many bizarre happenings this sem, I realised that I had lived in an idealistic world for the past 5 years roughly. Economics is not all words but using words to describe the numbers. So there you have it I am now a social work major. Of course I did enjoy my social work module this sem as well and I 'm really hoping to get an A for it. (if not my CAP is going down drastically) But besides that, social work, as I have realised, is now my calling. And as mst of you who know me personally, I don't mince my words. I am very realistic about the job and I kinda know what it entails. It involves: long hours, poor pay, low social standing, and is a tough job. It also involves increasing the social functioning of people. That is what I'm looking at but at the same time I am an idealist. It doesn't mean I want to come in and help everybody. I know if I can come in and out of 10, help 2-3 cases successfully, well hey that is good enough for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home